Thread: NHL 2013 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #255
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

This thread has been derailed a bit off topic, but I'll throw in my $.02. Fact is, given 500 attempts at shooting a ball in the NBA(running the court, spotting up, you know the drill), Getting a hand off to get a 1 yard gain in football, standing at the plate for 500 AB's ect.....I think I could be successful at least one time. I imagine that most people with more than decent athletic skill could do the same.

I do not think most people, even those with the ability to skate, could keep up blue line to blue line with the NHLers, let alone get a puck by an NHL goalie. Hell, in reality, most adults in the United States couldn't score on a mite team. Say that about baseball, football or basketball.

The caveat with hockey is there is offsides....and the goalie. Not to mention that when that puck gets to you(it's going to be FLYING across the ice from an NHLer, not me), there is going to be a opponent coming at you to put you on the ice in a very violent manner if you don't collect that puck and do something with it QUICKLY....bla..bla..bla... Anyway, I think I could have a chance to hit a ball, shoot a ball, run a ball in the other sports.... I don't think there is a chance in Hell that I could skate on NHL ice, it would almost seem like a feat in itself if I could go blue line to blue line and catch a puck and get it somewhere in my 500 tries, not in the net, but to another player.....tape to tape....but, no....I wouldn't bet on that happening in 500+ tries.

I don't know, people believe what they want to believe....that is where I stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMack View Post
How many people here also play/coach ice hockey?
I help coach my daughters team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMack View Post
Geez, 20 years on one team!? That's awesome!
Agreed.....