View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #2402
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
It depends on who is pulling the strings in the organization. There is definitely something that compels Dusty to put Stubbs in the leadoff spot the day after Heisey puts two in the seats and plays better defense than Stubbs ever does. I don't know that Dusty even runs the show anymore.
This is sarcasm, right? With the exception of putting Gomes in the lineup for his bobblehead day and being forced to play Cozart over Renteria, we still see the same old Dusty lineups day in and day out, the same old lefty vs righty battles that don't work, poor choices in the pen, and just blatant mismanagement late in games.

I really want to like they guy, b/c he's a great personality in the clubhouse, but these mistakes have just been boneheaded. Sticking with guys way too long b/c he's a players' manager is another thing that irks me. Mismanagement, plus the baserunning errors by the new guys and Stubbs, and the problem this team has hitting with .risp is what is killing us right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing total blame on Dusty. He does a lot of things right, but his lineups suck and his hunches never play out. I'm getting fed up.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote