View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Recipes with Beer

Look up beer steamed mussels (if you like mussels that is). You can use all types of beer (except very dark beers I think would be too much for the mussels, i.e. stouts and porters), will change the taste obviously, but just make the broth to taste/recipe and throw in the mussels, it's that easy.
It also nice because you can easily make a few different broths and then have a variety or for individuals with different tastes (for instance I add bacon to mine, but wife doesn't like it so I make hers without).

My favorite broth is: crisp bacon chopped, sauteed shallot, blue cheese crumbled, gueze (light sour beer) or white wine, butter, lemon juice, little basil, salt and pepper. Add the mussels to this and serve with crusty bread (dip into broth). These are strong flavors for mussels, but I like that. You could leave out the bacon and blue cheese to make a more mild broth.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote