View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Katmancross

Default Kristoff Criollo Robusto

Name:  kristoff badge.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  106.4 KB
I decided to do the Criollo blend first. I wanted a little buzz.
The Kristoff cigars are a work of art. A beautiful pigtail and a shaggy foot. Gorgeous.
Name:  krisoff not lit.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  109.6 KB
The innards are Olor Dominican, Cuban seed, and Nicaraguan. The wrapper is a Nicaraguan Habano Criollo.
I'm smoking the Robusto. 5.5 x 54.
I bring the stick to my nose I get the aromas of toast and cocoa. I keep sniffing because I can't stop. My wife walks in and just shakes her head.
The construction is excellent with an oily sheen. It glimmers in the light. I wish I had a better camera.
I clip with my Xikar back stop cutter. And I light up with my Blazer.
Smoke pours out on the first inhale.
The flavor at this point is toast, leather and wood. But within a couple of minutes, a tad bit of spice enters the flavor profile. There is also a musty flavor...earthy.
It doesn't take long before it becomes very complex. It boasts of toasted almonds and dried fruit. The spice circles these flavors and then caramel enters.
Name:  kistoff tv.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  108.5 KB
As the second third begins, the cigar turns sweet. It accents the nutty flavor beautifully.
It is definitely a medium body, full flavored stick.
I sip bottled water so as not to have anything interfere with the flavors.
The ash burns evenly and won't fall off.
The rest of the cigar alternates between all of the above flavors as the complexity increases..
Name:  kristoff glock1.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  95.9 KB
I start to get a little light headed and put the stick down for a bit. I'm watching Blade II and get caught up in the violence for a few minutes and then I pick up the cigar.
Name:  krstoff computer.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  117.2 KB
It's like Christmas as I'm given the present of all those flavors again. I smoke this puppy to the nub and want more.
These are not inexpensive cigars so I took my time smoking it. I got a solid hour from a robusto. Savoring it, I am sad when I finally have to put it down.
I've had a few Kristoffs before and knew, going in, I was in for a treat. The cigar did not disappoint.