View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #37
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigars you enjoyed once upon a time

Looking for my whet stones, I guess I hadn't thought about it, but during the boom there were a couple cigars that are no longer produced... which, with the resurrection of this thread and the finding of the two boxes (they are hinged lids and great for storage) were brought to mind.

Nicole Miller was a Dominican, it was billed as an uber-premium under her name, trying to capitalize on the boom, and the robustos went for about $15 a stick. Well, they didn't do that well. Lew Rothman got ahold of them and blew them out at something like $29.99 a box. I got one on a lark. I had a couple and concluded it was an excellent cigar! Not $15 a stick, but at Lew's price point, well worth putting a couple in the humidor... When I tried to get a few more boxes they were sold out.

The other box is from Evelio, a Honduran barberpole toro sized. I tried one in the store when I drove by it (do not remember the name) and decided to drop in a look around. I saw these sitting there and the guy offered one to me to try (I guess I looked like someone who might buy a box). It was an excellent cigar, it gleaned and glistened with oil, was silky to the touch, and wonderfully smooth, rich, and complex. As it was reasonably priced I got a box. This however, was another cigar that appeared on the scene and just a quickly disappeared.

I wouldn't mind trying either of these again. I do have fond memories of them.