View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Capital gains on the sale of a new home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade06 View Post
Getting laid off from my corporate job was one of the main reasons that I decided to go to law school. Six months out of work gives you a lot of time to think about what you want out of life. I figured, if I ever was laid off from a law firm, I could hang my shingle on the wall and still make a living.
I considered law school after I got my first undergrad in '98, but figured it was not worth it cuz there are a LOT of lawyers out there making $50k/year out there.

I'm going to start nursing school in January. How many nurses has been let go even in this economy? None that I've heard. Plus, I'll work 2-3 days a week and make more money than I was previously makin at 50+ hours/week. Part of me also thinks that having dealt far too much with nurses/doctors when my parents were dying, I felt it was something I can do to give back to a patient or family member. You can sit behind a desk all day and make zero difference in the lives of anyone around you other than lining someone else's pocket for the most part.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote