View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #18
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Golf problem, What would you recomend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
I don't play golf that often, but in the summer months I usually play 3 -5 times a month. I am relatively new to the game and got my first set of clubs 2 years ago, and only bought a set because I was in a outing and I'm left handed so I couldn't borrow anyone else's clubs. The set I ended up buying was a $300 set from Dicks, so I know they aren't the best clubs but they serve the purpose.

My issue is with my driver. I have a slice that is off the charts. The ball travels about 75 yards straight out, and then make a 90 degree turn to the left and goes another 100 of so yards. I don't use my fairway woods enough to know if The slice is as bad with them, but I know it isn't an issue with my hybrids or my irons. All I want it to correct the slice off the tee box. It really is no fun having to play off the fairway 1 or 2 over from the one that I'm supposed to be on.

Now what would you recommend? Either having my swing analyzed on a machine and buying a new driver that suits my swing style or taking lessons or correct this? I know that I have a high swing speed and am wondering if the graphite shaft on the driver needs to be stiffer or I need a more closed head on the driver. I am just worried that if I pay for lessons they pro will only be able to help me so much because my equipment is not correct for me, or I buy a new drive and it still doesn't help because my swing is way off? Ideally I should probably do both but I am not able to spend a couple hundred on a driver and then a couple hundred more for lessons from a Pro.
Professional Lessons - Nothing else works, can't be fixed by a club but only by a swing correction.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote