Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
Those are from dropping it on the edges, it applies much more force to a smaller area. I've had friends that were unlucky enough to drop theirs right on the corner and completely spiderweb the screen and it's still been completely usable. I've also seen Blackberry's, including most of the work units at my office, that have stood up far worst to much less abuse and look like total ass within 6 months of being issued.

It's all in how well you take care of your stuff. If you were one of the kids on teh playground that was always abusing their toys and breaking them then any smartphone is probably not the best purchase decision. If you're careful with it, especially if you buy a case, your iPhone will look exactly the same in a couple years as it does the day it comes out of the box.
Obviously it's about how you take care of your stuff, but accidents do happen. My phone has survived 2 drops. With the new no cell phone laws forcing me to use hands free speaker phone while driving, when the law first came out, I forgot a couple times I had the phone on my lap when I hopped out of my car.

You just hope that when you go to pick up your phone after feeling like the dumbest person on Earth that it's still in one piece.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote