View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Good pipe blends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog View Post
Rev I just like what I like. I tried Missisissippi River today and while it was smooth and soft to smoke it was boring to me. Its what I would smoke if I didnt have anything better and more exciting.

I also had C&D Autumn Evening and really liked it. I also tried a bowl of Lane's 1Q and it was also kind of bland. I guess lots of people like soft smooth cool boring smokes?

I think I will have to go back to Anniversary Kake tonight so I remember what good tobacco is like. Maybe it is time for me to get heavier in English blends?
Hey, all you are supposed to like is what YOU like.

I think 1Q is boring and bites like a rabid dog. I find lots of blends boring. But, to find what you like, you need to try a lot of blends.

If you like Anniversary Kake, it sounds to me like you enjoy VaPers (Virginia & Perique) blends. If that is the case, I will suggest a few for you.

Peter Stokkebye: Luxury Bullseye Flake, and Luxury Navy Flake
Escudo
Gawith & Hoggarth: Louisiana Flake
Samuel Gawith: St. James Flake
Cornell & Diehl: Night Train

These are just a few that might come close to having some of the characteristics of the Anni. Kake.

Peace of the Lord be with you.