View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #213
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Fantasy Baseball For Stakes And The Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Kind of like counting hits, then breaking up each individual kind of hit one could have into its own unique category?

Personally I'm not a fan of relief wins. We're rewarding mediocrity.
The pitcher gets a point for every out that happens when he's on the field.
if he's out there for 7 innings, he gets 21 outs. 7 1/3, he gets 22 outs. It's just a pointless category, or at least directly mirrors IP.
At least with relief wins the guy generally holds the opponent's score while allowing his team to take the lead and win.
I didn't look at the box score for last night's game, but my pitcher gave up one run in 7 innings and didn't get the W. I'm guessing it was tied going into the 8th? I'm not sure who got the W, middle relief or the closer. The way W's are scored has always baffled me, anyways.

I suppose since we don't have an inninings pitched category, outs are just the same, and we needed something in there.
Strategically, a guy is taking a risk to try to win that category, so it's good.