View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #66
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Super Bowl Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
...The Steelers over NE is blind faith. I want to see that game so bad it hurts.
I don't think Tomlin has half the brains of Belichick, but I do think the whole coaching staff can put together a Belichick beater.
We gotta outdistance them in the first half, or Bill will dissect our club into oblivion the second half.
We'll need to bring two games so he can't make the second half adjustments that are the success of the Pats.
Hi Scott, the thing that people keep forgetting about Belichick is that he learned football at his father's knee when he was coaching at Annapolis. As a matter of fact, his father is the ONLY civilian ever to be buried at Annapolis. Bill coaches football like it's war; he's going to have way more games than just two and he can pivot on a dime. Also, why do you think he never says anything at press conferences? Because "Loose lips sink ships." He has lots of different looks for anything he wants to do, not unlike how Eisenhower had Patton "command" a fake army opposite Calais prior to the Normandy invasion to draw off the German Panzer units from the real landing sites. Most football coaches and players are emotionally undisciplined; they get fired-up too easily and that speeds up the game for them. That causes them to react instead of think. Bill plays a thinking game while everybody else plays an emotional game and that's where he gets 'em. On the bright side, I could be wrong; I've been wrong before. Good luck, my friend!