Thread: Re: Avo - LE7
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #4
JKim

Default Re: Avo - LE7

Revisited again on 10/14/2007

-----------------------------

The one I smoked tonight was another from box #275.

Size/Strength: 5 5/8 x 48 / Med - Full
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Filler: Dominican Piloto, San Vicente
Binder: Dominican Olor

I have had these stored in the original box in a coolerdor and humidor between 65% and 69% RH fluctuating between 65-72 Fahrenheit since 3/25/07. These have had a bit of time to rest. I smoked this one with a Coca Cola tonight.

Construction and appearance:
Perfect/seamless roll with a medium/firm feel. The cap clipped cleanly with my Palio.

Pre-Light Aroma - Barnyard, sweet and musty. The draw is very easy on this cigar.

Initial light and burn:
Toasted the foot and pulled while pulling in my first draw. The first draw was filled with light, sweet fruit with a touch of spice with copious amounts of smoke. I picked up a little nut on subsequent draws with a peppered finish. The pepper on these sticks have subsided considerably since they were fresh. The spice was not nearly as sharp on the tongue as previous examples.

First third:
The bitter dry finish I experienced in the last cigar is only mildly present now. The cigar is light/medium in body. The ash is a firm light gray. Knocked the ash off at two inches.

Half way point - The cigar remained the same into the second half. I noticed a more clean tobacco taste in this example. The cigar is burning flawlessly.

Final Third:
This cigar finished the same as it was in the half way point. This cigar takes the edge off your senses putting you in a relaxed state. It's hard to explain, but something I felt stronger with an Outlaw 22 and mildly with this cigar. It's a pleasant experience.

Over all impressions and conclusion:
This example produced a different experience from previous LE7's i'd smoked. I enjoyed this one much more than the previous. I believe I burned through this quickly even though I held on to each pull letting the smoke linger. I snorked this one much more than I usually do with a cigar.

This example burned evenly all the way down to the end. I enjoyed it for about an hour and 10 minutes.