Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 AM   #283
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Started with a couple circuits of light, good form rotator rehab exercises. 4 exercises (2 lying, 2 standing), 8-10 reps each, 2 times through the circuit. Felt some lactic acid release ("burn"); but both shoulders feel fine.

Followed that up with a new (to me) leg exercise: dip belt squats. This comes courtesy DavenportESQ. Put two boxes or benches side-by-side with maybe 8-10 inches between them. Grab a dip belt. Put an appropriate amount of weight on the dip belt, get on top of the boxes, and squat. I had to put my hands between the chains and my groin because the chain was really digging in a bad way. Ended up doing 4 sets (or was it 5?) of 10-15 with 2 45s loaded on ... and got the best quad pump that I've had in a while. This really is a great exercise to load up the legs and not your back or shoulders. You can really focus on getting down below parallel and getting up with explosive force. Be careful for your balance, though -- the weights can swing a little if you get sloppy and when they swing, they can make your grip on a vertical reality tenuous. (No; I did not fall.)

Perhaps Mr. ESQ can explain the biomechanics & benefits of it a little better than me.