View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Victor Sinclair triple corojo churchill

This 7 x 50 Churchill by Victor Sinclair is completely made out of Dominican corojo tobacco and has a strong hay & wood aroma. The cigar isn't straight, it's a bit crooked. The wrapper is spotted and has a big ft vein running over it. The only thing that looks good on this cigar is the nice gold & purple band around the foot. The cigar feels very hard but the predraw is fine and leaves me a raisin flavor on the palate.

I get a full hay flavor with my first few puffs and I also notice a bit of wood. The texture of the flavors is very dry. After a centimeter the flavors get a little musty and there isn't a lot going on. Musty hay, that's it.

Halfway the hay gets more grassy and spicier, but also harsh. At the end I can taste some leather, also spicy. After the ash broke off, I had to correct the burn

There is a lot of built up of nicotine, I had to purge the cigar a couple of times and each time I got a big ass flame.

The smoke is poor and the draw is just a bit too hard, I had to use a poker to make it better. The ash is dark but firm. This full bodied mild to medium flavored cigar becomes boring very quickly and because it is a churchill, the boredom takes forever. If it wasn't for a review I would have tossed this cigar pretty quickly.

Would I buy this cigar again? Simple answer: NO!

Appearance: 4 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10