View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #57
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Custom made humidor

Just got an email. This ships out Wednesday

"I hope you like it and it meets your expectations. All that is missing is “6030” number plate that is being laser engraved. I also may have another little surprise for it, but still working on it. It is definitely one of a kind.

I’ll give you the low down on it. It’s solid Cocobolo, nothing is veneered. The black legs, handle and top panel are walnut that’s been ebonized by using a chemical reaction between tannic acid and a nasty rust mixture of vinegar and rusty nails. The bottom panel is Maple. The aluminum strips are solid ¾” x 1/8” and the blue line is blue epoxy. The legs were inspired by handgun or rifle magazines and have .40 caliber bullets in each of the holes. The finish is 4 coats of shellac and then a coat of paste wax. The inside is all Spanish cedar, with two trays and to movable dividers. I had a heck of a time trying to find hinges and something that would keep the lid up and open, but what I used worked well. It has a great seal on it. The movable dividers flex the cedar just a bit, making the seal even tighter. You’ll see what I mean when you get it".

DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote