S.H.I.T Greenhorn

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
Partagas
smelly4tay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Top 10 Beers Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvelinus View Post
One of the biggest things I notice about the lists here is how regional many of them are. Many of the breweries listed on the lists of others are beers I haven't had access to at this point. For many people a better question might be What are the ten best beers distributed in MY STATE HERE?

I see nothing by Allagash, a great farmhouse style brewery in Maine that doesn't travel too far. Kate the Great ought to make someones list but again, that gets carried by hand out of New Hampshire. It's hard to get your hands on Hill Farmstead even in Vermont, but the beers coming out of Greensboro are amazing.

That said I like beer too much to pick 10, you'd probably just get the last 10 beers I drank. I might be able to do it if we limited it by style. And, I like reading the lists of others because at least it lets me know what I should look to get my hands on when I do travel.

well said!

I grew up in Seattle (Red Hook, Pyramid) and now live in SDiego and haven't traveled too far from the westcoast, so my list is definitely from a certain region.
smelly4tay is offline   Reply With Quote