View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #20
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Wanted to Throw up :pu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Hopefully your thread here doesn't say much about you really are and the BOTLs you are representing. Every business has the right to charge for even the air your breathing in their store. On the other hand, you have the option to take your business elswhere where you feel your getting the value for your money that you expect. If the store is charging those prices and getting them then why in the world would they charge less? They are there to make money. Unless they had some Red Cross painted on the front door indicating they are a charity and were giving them away I wouldn't expect any less from them.

I had the same conversation with a friend concerning the cost of NASCAR tickets. I told him the stands are full so the tickets muct not be too high. We teh customer control pricing, vote with your $$$, it works. Being an a$$ just makes it harder when the next BOTL walks in after you. My and worth about that much.
Your right, I probably should not have said anything and normally I wouldn't have but I guess when I saw the extreme prices of these it just struck a nerve that has long been annoyed with this store for a while so I had to poke a little bit. Obviously most of there other customers feel the same way about their Anejo prices which is why they still have Sharks and torps left in February. I'm sure someone who doesn't know any better will jump for joy when they find them. It's not like I have never bitten my tongue there before. I've bitten my tongue in the past when I have gone there and heard the same spiel from two different employees about their separate humidor with Gurkhas that only they can get with price points of $50 a stick for the Habano wrapped stick and $100 a stick for the Maduro. Both times I let them try and sell me on these ultra rare super premium Gurkhas without saying a word other than, No thanks not a fan of the Gurkha brand and than even sat through their rant on how great Gurkhas are and that I should give them another chance. I agree I prob should not have said anything but I did and figured I would share the story with you guys and yes normally they wouldn't get my business but their Liga Privada account is what brings me back since they are the only ones locally who carry them. I am not a complete idiot, I know that I am douche sometimes My wife makes sure to remind me from time to time.