View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #710
Mikes
Post Whore

Trading: (0)
Mikes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermeter?

Thanks Kaiser....

Update on my air leak....After spraying all 8 fittings on the dist air bar and the regulator on the tank I found nothing...yet I was still leaking gas. So I took all of the gas outlets to the popits on the kegs. Unscrewed the air dist block and took the whole damn thing tank and all upstairs and placed it in a full bathtub. STILL NO LEAKS! I was like wtf? Gave up for a bit and then came back later and reconnected the gas setup. All of a sudden some of the soap solution spray I had used earlier dripped ontop of the corney kegs by the pressure relief valve and was bubbling away....Well I sprayed the other 6 kegs and found yet another faulty pressure relief valve! OMG, So sick of these pos refurbed kegs.

So I went on AHS website and saw that if I wanted to rebuild my kegs it would cost roughly 45$ to replace everything but the shell. A brand new keg is $120. Refurb kegs that we got were 50$ (not on their site anymore). So 95$ for a completely rebuilt 'old' keg....as apposed to $120 for a new one. That 50$ price tag for a refurb sure seems nice at first but it seems like the old adage you get what you pay for in the end.

I'm thinking I should have not bought the 7 kegs I have...but should have slowly bought new units? What are yalls thoughts on this? I don't mind doing the work to make the old kegs 'new'. And can just replace what needs replacing when the time comes as far as parts. Or just replace everything all at once on the kegs as they are emptied. What would you do? What have you done?

Just frustrated.