View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Mini cabinet conversion (Project Thread)

I honestly thought this thing would sit around another 25 years doing nothing useful. Here is the background on this piece:

This was a high school woodshop project, it was supposed to be a curio cabinet but of course it was only graded on the wood parts, so that is all I completed.

After that it has sat around being abused and neglected for over 25 years, doing nothing more than serving as a place to put things I didn't care about too much.

Sometimes it was in storage facilities, sometimes it was in unheated garages, and its even been in basements that have flooded.

I fell down the slope very recently. Fathers Day this year, my son gifted me a few nice smokes and that was all it took. So I found a decent humidor for the short term and after 1 lotto winning here, it was full. No room for 5'ers or boxes, so I started thinking of a larger humidor.

One day I looked over and saw this poor thing sitting there with DVD cases on top of it and photo albums inside of it and I realized its potential. I very briefly considered trying it myself and when that 2 minutes was over I started thinking about who could do it justice.

I posted a picture of in the 'show us your humidor' thread with my smaller one and stated my intentions to have this raggedy thing turned into a cabinet.

Chuck contacted me and it just so happened that he was coming through my area that weekend on his way to a HERF in Cincy. So him and the Mrs. stopped by and took a look, and the rest is history in the making. Poor old unfinished curio cabinet left my house and began its new life of transformation.

After all the looking and talking with others, there is no one else I would even want working on this. I know this remnant from the past will soon be an heirloom for the future and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks Chuck!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote