View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #20
Zoomschwortz
I'm back

Trading: (3)
Zoomschwortz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spent $22 today, please tell me what I got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
This, above, is the point, Zooms.

If you want to get wrapped up with valuation then you consider exactly what you want and have a good idea of what it's worth BEFORE you buy it. Doing it the other way is putting the cart before the horse, right?
Point well made and in a way, that is what I'm trying to do now.

I bought them to smoke and seeing them at a swap meet, I didn't have time or a way to figure out what they were worth, but at $2 a piece, I was certain that I wouldn't get hurt to bad and it would be a cheap education.

At this point I'm just trying to have a good idea of what there worth before I put more money into them.

I want some good smoking pipes and with the help and information you guys have given me, I feel that these will be good smoking pipes. Take the Savinelli for instance, if I put $60 into it and add another $12 for shipping, I would have $74 into it and I'm sure it will be a good smoking pipe. I would feel much better having $74 into a $110 pipe than if I had $74 into a $25 pipe.

I don't want to offend anyone, I'm just trying to figure out if I'm going to be spending more to have them restored than I would have to spend if I bought them already restored.

Once again, I want too thank everyone for their help.
Ken
Zoomschwortz is offline   Reply With Quote