View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Pinar Del Rio Sun Grown

Heard some hype about this cigar so I figured I would go out and try the stick for myself... I'm sitting at the cigar shop while writing this review.

Size: 6.5 x 52 (Torpedo)
Wrapper: Habano Sun -Grown / Dom. Rep
Binder: Habano / Dom. Rep
Filler: Nicaraguan / Dom. Rep

Pre-smoke
Beautiful brown wrapper, with no veins. The smell of this cigar was great, had hints of sweetness and spice. The band around this stick was also beautiful, one of the better looking bands I've seen. After I clipped off the tip, the draw on this cigar seemed very giving, I don't think I'll have a problem with this one... time to try it out.

First Third
Sweetness aroma? Yeah that's happening. My first few puffs gave me a "wow this is a hell of a spice!" Right away the spice on this stick was just right, the black pepper spice hit my tongue just right. I hope this spice continues...

Second Third
The spice mellowed out but is still lingering on the tongue with every puff. I'm starting to pick up some flavors, such as cream and a hint of cocoa. Damn it... the power just went out, but back on now. As stated, the draw on this stick is excellent, no problems yet. The burn is excellent, very even. So here goes the last third...

Final Third
The spice fluctuates and tasting some very leathery. I'm still enjoying this stick very much. The burn is excellent, haven't had problems. This cigar remained pretty consistent throughout the 2nd and final third.

Conclusion
Overall I really enjoyed this stick. As stated before, I had no problems with this cigar, the smoke was excellent with every puff I took. I would recommend this stick to someone that enjoys a cigar more full-bodied. Watch out though, the spice might get to you if your palates aren't prepared.

Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote