View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about food container as Humidor and Heartfelt..

I use the Wal-Mart generic version of the Lock & Lock (four fold-over tabs, one on each side). It's air tight and I know the lid is secure because of the multiple closures. The one I currently have will hold 10-15 and cost around $4, but I'm about to upgrade to something that will hold at least 25 (my first CBid order is on its way... those cheap 5-packs add up quick!).

I have a Boveda 72% in mine because that's all I could find locally. I was surprised that's all that's carried by 4 different B&Ms in my area, but I think they carry the higher RH because they know (or think) most people not in-the-know have leaky humis and need a little boost.

The slightly vain side of me is eying a 50-count wood humi and even likes the looks of glasstops and analog hygros, but the practical side of me knows I'll be paying $50+ for something that will perform worse than what I have already. Instead I'll likely pick up a DealExtreme digital hygro and velcro it inside the tuperdor with the display facing out for easy reading. I'll also probably add a second Boveda pack to the bigger box per their voulme guidelines. I'll hold on to the small box for travel, as it's a good size to toss in a suitcase or take to a guys-night.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote