Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default '08 Opus X BBMF Natural

I've been fortunate enough to receive two of these, by different BOTLS (yet hadnt smoked either). This particular one was gifted to me by Tim (TRicker) back in December, in honor of my daughters birth. The condition was we would smoke them together after she was born (he would smoke the Maduro).

After, what has already been a long winter, we finally decided to light these up yesterday at a B&M nearby, that I rarely frequent.

The presentation on this cigar is beautiful. It is presented in it's own individual coffin, with the two beautiful Opus bands (probably one of the prettiest NC bands).

Pre-draw was easy, and had hints of raisin, with an almost overwhelming spice. I really dont care for spicy cigars, and was really expecting to be disappointed in this rare cigar.

The cigar lit easily, however once past the "nipple" the cigar had problems staying lit. I had to constantly touch-up and re-light, which was a minor nuisance. A half inch into the the cigar the burn evened out and it really opened up creating a huge volume of thick, chewy, smoke-ring-smoke.

While I was expecting to be overwhelmed by spice, I was amazed at how smooth this cigar was. Im not very adept on picking out flavors in burning cigars, but creamy would better describe this cigar than spicy. I was able to nose exhale this entire cigar without fear of burning out my sinuses. In the end this probably ended up close to a 2 hour cigar.

Thanks Tim for a wonderful smoking experience!

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote