View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #3553
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Considering it has been over a year since anyone posted in this thread...

And that it has been YEARS since I smoked a pipe (5 to be exact!) I thought I would post...

Smoking the only remnant I have left from my days when I was into the hobby, a single tin of Samuel Gawith 1792 flake from Jan. 2010.

People either love or hate this tobacco, and I can firmly say I’m somewhere in between. It seems to have lost all of its tonquin flavor, and tastes more of just the hearty dark flake tobacco it is made of. My palate and “skill” for tasting nuances is gone, but the nostalgia of smoking a pipe that I missed so much is making me soldier on.

I might pick up some drug store tobacco for the few times I have left to enjoy my new Dr. Grabow “Big Pipe” before my wife catches on, but for now I will sit in the cold and listen to the wind whistle through the trees and be grateful for the times I’ve had with all of lads and lassies of the leaf.