View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #84
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Best rock covers of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
I've met John several times and seen him 10+ times dating all the way back to "Eddies Attic" and still LOVE when he rarely covers "Message in a Bottle" by The Police. If you take away all his doucheness in popular media he is one of the most amazing guitar performers currently alive and puts on the most amazing shows.

Another haunting cover is Gary Jules covering Tears for Fears "Mad World." You can be the manliest of manly men and that song can reduce you to a ball of tears in the fetal position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
Very cool. And agree on him having decent chops as a guitarist. Though I do hear a lot of srv/Jimi channeling. Ever hear his solo electric version of wind cries Mary? Awesome stuff.

I've been listening since the late 90's. just before "no such thing" became a big hit. Eddies was before that even. I have a recording of the last two nights of a 3 night run at eddies back in 05. Supremely good stuff, and a very difficult recording to get a hold of.