View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Post today it all hit me...

Today was finally the day i receive my PEB summery packed from the Peblo officer. Im taking it to a lawyer for review before signing but its just been a day where idk what to think about all this. Just over a year ago i signed my contract to serve and now its being cut short due to(IMO) the lamest injury i could ever get.

About 8 months ago i tore the larbum in my hip during a morning run it seems. To me this is just pathetic after doing 8 years of dance and 2 years of cycling 10mile a day before my joining the service.

The army has decided to discharge me due to the fact that therapy is not helping the injury at all. It is only helping keep pain down to about 5(on the classic 10 scale), without therapy im about a 7 with need for painkillers. TRI-care does not believes that the surgery i need is experimental, so they will not approve of it. They feel i should either stay on pain killers or receive a full hip replacement at 21.

that being said, its all finally hit me that i know must go back to school, deal with this injury and figure out how im going to get a job. I dont want to turn this into a pity party one bit but wanted to explain for those who maybe wondering why such a young kid is leaving the army after a short service period, and also why i can be quiet scatterbrained at times. This is because quiet honestly, for me this is a lot to deal with and im still kinda trying to figure out how. Thoughts suggestions and advice on how to deal with this and what kinds of jobs i should look at getting as a nearly null experienced 21yr/old would be greatly appreciated.

for the horrible grammar for which this post contains. Also its unnecessary length.