View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #37
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone Sucks and Apple are Bastards

I should have mentioned, Moses, even though Apple doesn't provide an accidental breakage warranty, Square Trade does. It's pricey and doesn't really cover the whole investment, but it's something. It cost me $105.00 (iirc) for my 32gb 3Gs, I had a $50.00 deductible, and it paid me $450.00 when I dropped my phone in the ocean.
So i only lost about 200 bucks for my stupidity. It was way better than what I was faced with.
Someone told me Apple will do an "out of warranty exchange" on phones for a hundred bucks. I don't know if there's any truth to that, and I didn't look into it. If I ever have trouble in the future, I will.
At ebay, there's lots of guys that do that same $100ish exchange. A person sends their broken (intact) phone and pays around a hundred bucks for a replacement. I did check that out and those seller's feedback wasn't bad.
Iphones are definately a money pit, no doubt. It doesn't phase me, I'd still have to spend the money somewhere else for phones and service I don't enjoy remotely as much.