Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
germantown rob
Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gaggia

I just finished my search for an espresso machine, I started by looking at the Gaggia's and the Silvia but soon came to the conclusion I would be slitting my wrists trying to make milk based espresso drinks for company. I still think they are good for 1 or 2 people if they don't mind their shots sitting for a bit while the boiler heats up to do the steamed milk. If for straight shots they are just fine with user knowledge of machine. I found plenty of resources to aid one in making great espresso from these machines so mods and technique are readily available.

It may be art to create excellent shots but it sure isn't rocket science. LOL I talk big, I am still waiting for my Oscar to arrive and I have never pulled a shot. I found a few machines in the Oscar price range that looked very interesting, each a little different and with different extras but all worthy. In the end it came down to users and their experiences that made me choose the oscar over anything else.

As far as where to buy I would call and talk to Gaggia and see what they can do as well as calling a few reputable sellers. I found that the bottom line prices came over the phone and not over the web sites.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote