Thread: Broke a rib
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Broke a rib

I'm glad you went to the hospital and it was "just" your ribs and nothing more serious! I broke some ribs a few years ago in the Keys and didn't think too much about it, until I finally went to the hospital 3 or 4 hours later and found out it was a lot more serious! Ended up spending a week in ICU after emergency surgery and then another 6 weeks recovery after I finally got home. And then it was still several months before I was really able to do much.

Ribs are probably one of the most frustrating and painful things you can injure because really there is not much you can do for them. Get rest (that was the hard part for me because there was really no comfortable position I could find) and let them suckers heal, do not try to push it!

A word of advice though...hiccups and sneezes, not recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Unfortunately, Pain From Rib Fractures Can Last Years
3 years later and mine still ache periodically.