Thread: Broke a rib
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broke a rib

Take good care of it, Brian.
Aside from strapping on ice packs, I'll tell ya what really works good as an anti-inflammatory that'll take some pressure off, they're called Flector patches.
They're crazy expensive, but they work. The NSAID goes right down through your meat and never enters your bloodstream, so it doesn't get diluted. I've used them for years, they are the only thing that really gives me relief (broken back, rods, screws, fusion, laminectomy).
They work on my knees and joints and everyone I know who have tried them have have had great success with them. Ask your doctor for samples, they probably have them. I think they'll give you a lot of relief from that strangling feeling.
I feel bad for you, brother. My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a speedy recovery.