Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #78
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Scotch Q&A

Great thread guys, and a lot of good information.

I enjoy Scotch. I enjoy Scotch very much. But when I peruse the isle at the liquor store, I become overwhelmed. I guess that's a good thing -- I have a nice variety from which to choose. The gentleman at the store that specializes in their Scotches seems knowledgeable, but I haven't been "wowed" by any of his recommendations.

I find that I most enjoy the peat associated with Islays. What would be your recommendations (more than one is fine) for a reasonably priced (say less than $50 or $60) SMSW with these characteristics?

If I may, another recommendationesqe (not a word, I know ) question. I believe in the mantra that variety is the spice of life, and I don't want to focus on one profile/region. I'd like to start (over the course of the next few months) a Scotch collection. What Scotches from the different regions would you recommend that best touch on the attributes associated with each region? This would be more of my learning curve exercise so I wouldn't want things to get too pricy.

Again, thanks for this thread, it is a great resource.
yourchoice is online now   Reply With Quote