Thread: Secret Shave
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: Secret Shave

I made the switch to wetshaving a few months ago and I won't go back to canned goo and cartridge razors. I use a tube of shaving cream with a brush and a DE razor. I've had zero ingrown hairs since making the switch.

My initial investment was about 40 bucks for a razor and pack of blades, shaving cream, bowl and brush, and an aftershave balm. It is a little more time consuming, but I feel the benefits outweigh the costs of the extra time spent. The key to a great shave for me is proper preparation and technique, once I figured that out my shaves are irritation and ingrown hair free.

Just like cigar smoking, it's as expensive of a hobby as you let it be. I could have easily continued using the same razor, and just buying replacement blades (which are way cheaper than replacing cartridges) and probably ended up recouping my initial investment in about a year (I haven't done any math to back this up, just a rough estimate). If it is something you're considering, hit youtube and search for mantic59, he has lots of great videos on the how and whys of wetshaving.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote