View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 AM   #22
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Dirty Glassware at a Bar

Having worked the bar, many moons ago, the above statements are true. Even when you have a motorized glass washing station at the bar, as opposed to sending glassware to the kitchen for machine washing, lipstick can be a pain. It is oily, waxy, and designed to stick to wet moving things and not come off. If I got a glass used by a serious lipstick queen, I used to take a napkin and pre-clean it. Wine glasses can be worse, because you have to put some pressure on the rim to help squeegee the coating off, and the wine glasses can be very thin. I broke a glass or two doing that because I was in a hurry. I have never been graceful anyway.
Not one of the pleasurable aspects of slinging booze.
Usually, if I missed one and a patron got a sampling of some gals lipstick that wasn't his wife, I made sure to get an extra cocktail or beer to them to cover my lack of observation.