View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #1
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (4)
paris1129 is on a distinguished road
Default Cabinet humidor advice

So I got a really nice temp + rh control Mxt aristocrat cabinet back in October with dual humidifiers on the bottom shelf and twin peltier coolers. I moved my cigars into it as well as purchased some additional boxes. Needless to say, I may have gotten a bit over jealous in my purchases, as I have had some trouble getting the last few boxes in there (I was eventually successful with some creative tetris). It is worth noting my last reorganization of the boxes was after Christmas, before NYE. So the pictured arrangement has been this way un-rotated for about a month.

I smoked many cigars in Nov and December (before I had to jam so many in there), and they were all wonderful. I had one around New Years (early January) and it was fine, but didn't have for a few weeks after that until this week. Well, I've had 3 cigars this week, and they have all been unpleasant and dry! The cabinet temp has always been set at 68 degrees, and the hygrometer seems rock solid, set at 63rh. I also have additional rh sensor units on each shelf that all read 67rh or 68rh, so I would think the rh in the cabinet is good. However, I opened several random boxes from each shelf and many of them are just dry, regardless of top shelf or bottom shelf.

I can of course just turn the rh settings up a couple of points, but am confused given the readings I see, as they don't align with the actual cigar dryness I am observing. Do I have it stuffed too full? Can that affect the airflow so much that even though the rh reads good, they are really drying out quickly?? I always heard that if it was full it was more consistent and easier to maintain!

I am new to large cabinets like this, so any advice or insight from those with experience would be much appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (93.5 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (109.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (101.0 KB, 189 views)

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote