View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #95
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Assault Rifle Ban

I have a few things to say. They are different enough that I will put them in seperate posts, to break it up and make it a little easier to read for folks. This is an issue that I feel fairly strongly about, so I will probably ramble a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Just for the people that didn't know... the Supreme Court of the United States ruled this summer that the 2nd Amendment GUARANTEES an individual right to posess a firearm.
unfortunately, now they are just going around the back door. if something like the previously disscussed 500% tax were to go into effect, it would have a very similar effect.

Guns work because people have them. LOTS of people. Make it a rich man's hobby, and now the common person will not be able to afford it, even if "technically" he is still allowed it.

same end result.