View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #86
theycallmedan'lboone

Default Re: Assault Rifle Ban

My View on automatic weapons :
Waste of ammo, there is always more air than meat....unless the zombies are really really close. but if you want to own one, pay the fee's and you can have your M2.

Q:Why do I need a collapsible stock carbine commonly referred to as an "assault rifle"
A: it's the weapon I have spent the majority of my time with, it can touch 300 meters* if needed, yet I can clear my house with it and ballistic ammunition and not worry about hitting my neighbors
*anything beyond this. Savage Bolt Action .308, you pick which eye.

I have long attempted corrected people's belief that the second Amendment refers to hunting, grocery shopping in the woods, I feel it has absolutely nothing to do with hunting, but the protection of my land, property and family from those that would do them harm. When referencing the "savages attacking settlers" how are they any different than the man who kicked down the door of the woman living 2 blocks from me and she shot him 3 times with a .38.

The MAN himself said this:

“One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.”-Jeff Cooper Meaning, you try and hurt my family or me, Mel Gibson in all of his Braveheart/The Patriot fury will seem like childs play when I'm done.

Thomas Jefferson said:
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.

Da Klugs you have got to be kidding me!?!?! you're telling me you wouldn't own an F-15 given the money and the option!?!? Personally I'd go for an A-10.

As far as *THE BAN* goes.. I don't think anyone dressed in black with sunglasses is going to come knock on my door to take my guns, do I think that within the next four years a reprise of the '94 ban' will make a come back? yes. Am I burying my some of my guns and ammo in a concrete bunker hidden in my backyard? no. but now that i think about it...

The right of free speech, assembly, quick trial by jury. They are not considered outdated, why would owning a weapon be?