Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: K-Cup guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
The reason the water goes right through (and all over the place) isn't the "My-K-Cup", it's the gasket thing the top of it seats to on the Kuerig itself. There are several fixes I've either heard about or read...
  • My buddy's MIL puts a piece of aluminum foil over the My-K-Cup and that seems to do the trick for her (never tried it myself).
  • My buddy pulls the little gasket down if it works its way back up.
  • A youtube search shows some people putting a 1/2 flat faucet washer in the top of the My-K-Cup.
  • Someone created "shims" that go above the gasket to keep it held down (I would think a flat faucet washer above it would do the same thing).
Me...I have the same problem and have just pulled down the gasket the couple times I've used it. I think i'll buy a flat faucet washer and shim the gasket and see if that does the trick.
Interesting Joel, I had never heard this. I am actually struggling to understand this fix, not that I doubt you, I am just not able to visualize it.
The water goes into the small hole on top of the cartridge directly above the grinds and exits the hole in the bottom of the cartridge. So are you saying that the water is not making it into the cartidge and is running around the outside? I will try and youtube to see. I do not even have this unit anymore but am curious.

Edit:
Here is a video

I would have been willing to bet that all water was going throug the cartridge as there was never any excess water on the outside of it. Maybe I just didn't realize it. Not sure but interesting dilemna. Thanks for the insight Joel.