Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation
Default Re: K-Cup guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Yes those are the ones that the water just goes right through. Those are the ones I tried with terrible results.
Oh and you have to be very careful when removing the standard k-cup holder, I sliced the crap outta my finger tip once on the piece that pierces the bottom of the k-cups. It is kind of like punching a cigar but it was my finger tip.
The reason the water goes right through (and all over the place) isn't the "My-K-Cup", it's the gasket thing the top of it seats to on the Kuerig itself. There are several fixes I've either heard about or read...
  • My buddy's MIL puts a piece of aluminum foil over the My-K-Cup and that seems to do the trick for her (never tried it myself).
  • My buddy pulls the little gasket down if it works its way back up.
  • A youtube search shows some people putting a 1/2 flat faucet washer in the top of the My-K-Cup.
  • Someone created "shims" that go above the gasket to keep it held down (I would think a flat faucet washer above it would do the same thing).
Me...I have the same problem and have just pulled down the gasket the couple times I've used it. I think i'll buy a flat faucet washer and shim the gasket and see if that does the trick.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote