View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 AM   #51
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finally thinkin about getting a Quality pipe!

Wonderful! I'll be placing a little order tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Cut View Post
i'd recommend McClellands for Oriental blends, they have a ton to choose from and are easy to smoke (as long as you don't get a broken flake style).

the reason for an Oriental for a guy who still smokes cigars is that your taste buds will still be use to the assault on them from cigars, you will miss a LOT of the flavors of a more mellow in flavor smoke from a pipe. an Oriental has a bit of a kick of flavor (not nicotine, but just the initial flavors you get while puffing). if you were to smoke, say... a La Gloria Series R in the morning or night before, then attempt to smoke a light Virginia tobacco, you'd most likely miss more than half the subtle flavors that are in there. it took me months of smoking only pipes after i stopped cigars before i could pick up some flavors found in lighter blends. with Oriental and Latakia based blends, the flavor is in your face from the get go, like cigars.

they don't taste like cigars, and don't search for a tobacco that has "cigar leaf" in it, they're not that good and taste nothing like them.

there's a huge variety of flavors out there to choose from... just as many as cigars.

have fun with it.