View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #729
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
Stock up on some cobs. As many will agree, cobs can be some of the best smoking pipes out there once broken in. I love my cob that I picked up last spring, thing smokes like a champ, but I'm holdin out hope for the new one I picked up last week as it still needs some breaking in.

The glory of a cob is they're perfect for travel, you break one its not a big deal, its ~$8 to replace depending on where you get it from. Same with burning them out, they're great for smoking on in between nights for your briars. I have 4 pipes, 2 cobs and 2 briars, and the cobs tend to see about 2-3 times the action my briars do combined.
Good advice about the cobs. Really they are decent smokes. Get rid of the tampon inside that they come with and they smoke much better.