Old 03-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sailchaser Challenge!!

cigar #1

Sailchaser Challenge #1

fairly small cigar, roughly 4 1/4" and 40 RG.
dark maduro wrapper.
clipped the end, pre-light draws are your typical heavy/thick maduro wrapped cigar.
lit easy enough with a match outside the hotel. it's a little breezy, but nice out here in Oklahoma behind the nazi-Marriott chain hotel.
taste is a bit on the harsh "typical" arturo fuente maduro flavors that i grew to hate. that's the only flavor you got, the typical AF marduro flavor.

burning uneven right now, don't have a torch to touch it up. i'll probably lose 2 lbs from spitting while i smoke it. i know a lot of ppl have that issue with some cigars, just makes you want to spit all the time.

first knock of the ash after "touching it up" with a match. no real flavor changes. ashy, a little coffee grounds note on the finish. dark maduro overtone.

about an inch into it. status quo.

y'know, it dawned on me that i've never seen an AF cigar this size, not that i'm proficient in my sizing of non-cubans (there's so many), but this could be a cigar i've had in the past, a CAO Brazilia Pirahna. the flavors it does have are pretty stout. while it's been 6 years or more since i had one of those, i'm leaning toward that particular cigar.

half done. i really haven't smoked much in the past month, and haven't been smokin too many cigars the past 3 to 4 years.

i will say this little guy hasn't gone sour, or just to total crap like a lot of nons have a tendancy to do (other than some of the new stuff put out now - which is amazingly good, btw).

this does bring out the carmels in the diet coke i'm drinking. other than that, it's still the same, about an inch of smokeable cigar left.

getting to be unsmokeable now... yep. went sour with about 1/2" left.

overall. straight forward earthy tobaco maduro wrapper flavor with a slight coffee finish.

i'll give it a 5 out of 10. i'm not much for the earthy flavors of some non-cubans, they make me spit all the time.
i think it's a CAO Brazilia Pirahna