View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #59
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1st attempt at smoking/grilling ribs tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
I have a 4 burner grill. The left 2 stay off and that is where I keep the meat. On my grill I put the right two burners as low as I can with them staying lit. Depends on the wind. I remove the grill grate above the flames and on top of the lit burners I place a cast iron smoke box I got at Lowes. The provides the needed heat to smoke but not hot enough to cook the meat to quick. With the grate off, it's easy to keep adding extra wood as needed.
Ahhh. I have a 3 burner grill, but I put the similar cast iron smoke box on top of the grill grate which probably didn't give it enough heat. I turned the middle and left burners off and had the ribs to the far left, the smoke box on the far right. Next time I'll put the smoke box right on the burner and maybe turn the middle burner on low.

The ribs came out great, they weren't fall off the bone, but damn were they tasty. I have a feeling however that it had more to do with my merinade and rub than the smoking. I really don't think I got much smoke at all in them. Will try the above method next time. Maybe I'll do a london broil or brisket next time when I have a good 6-8 hours.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote