View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #4088
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
What type of bbq are you using? I know you've mentioned it, but I can't remember.

After adding the smoke wood, how soon are you putting the meat on? What color is the stack exhaust and how much of it do you see?

Depending on the type of smoker and how it's fueled / set up for smoke, 2-3 hours could be a LOT.

Also, how do they taste? Bitter? Overpowering? Astringent?
I have the Bradley electric smoker, uses the little wood pucks. I'll get the thing up to temp, without any smoke, usually about an hours time. Then I'll put the meat on, add the wood pucks and let er rip. The Bradley doesn't really burn the wood, it more smoulders it, so I never get a smoke ring. Kinda like the old "Little Chief" style smokers, just automated. The meat's never bitter or astringent, but then I usually never go more than 2-2.5 hours of actual smoke. I run the exhaust about 1/4-1/3 open and it's a nice white smoke coming out of it. It's the type you normally see on Weber kettle grills, so not a stack.

I used to used a regular offset stick burner, with pretty much the same results. On that, I'd get the smoke rolling before putting the meat on, but would only do about 2-2.5 hours of smoke, then wrap the meat for the remainder of the cook.