View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #354
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Patriots Fans

Didn't play this week and still lots of news. In the "who woulda thunk it" catagory...we are going to play Tim Tebow and the Broncos AGAIN. Oh, and to make it more interesting we'll have Josh McDaniels on the sideline. You know, Hollywood writers wouldn't dare write this stuff - too implausible.
Here are my concerns:
* We won the first game primarily because of turnovers, I'm not so sure we can depend on them for this next one.
* Tebow listened to Elway and actually pulled the trigger a number of times vs. the Steelers - I know only 50% or so completions... but -well you know- Wow! If he throws deep like that against our secondary - bad news.
* Then there is this whole what I call "player perception" thing. Let me explain. I really believe that once a team has decisively beaten someone during a season that they come out flat for their second meeting. Witness the Patriots against the Jets last year. No matter how much the coaches drill them or the players themselves say what a great team the opponent is, deep down in their subconscious they feel that they are better and just don't play as hard. This also happens with teams that they ave not yet played, but just feel they are better than - witness the first Buffalo game this year or the deficits they have allowed themselves to get into the last three games. Short version: I'm real concerned about the Patriots coming out flat.
At any rate, we are about to be sujected to another week of Tebow hype. Bottom line is that we should beat these guys easily, but then again Pittsburgh should have too.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote