Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: It's a boy cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barteur View Post
Last time I was in Florida I went to a B&M (Coronado I think) I saw they were doing Laser identification on the cigar itself. The guy there told me that it was not altering the taste of the cigar and that they could do anything you requested letter, numbers...

What it does is that change the color of the wrapper enabling you to choose any brand you wish and make it a It's a boy or girl or wedding or whatever cigar.

Frenchie

Corona cigar used to offer laser engraving at a rather reasonable price. I don't know if they still do or not though.

They can do most standard typeset fonts and sizes along with artistic letters and custom two-color artwork to an extent. As you said, it does not affect the flavor of the cigar nor the integrity of the wrapper.

The Oliva Master Blends I and II used this laser engraving process for the "tattoo" found just below the band.

Here is a photo of a pair of birth announcement cigars engraved by Corona Cigars and sent to me by a BOTL from another board. (I digitally obscured the last name and birth dates for privacy concerns.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laser_engraved_cigars.jpg (93.8 KB, 421 views)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote