View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #53
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Sleep Apnea Support/Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I had it before I started smoking cigars on a daily basis, for what it's worth, Scott.

I would never have even gotten tested in my ex hadn't been so angry about my snoring. A man with sleep apnea and a woman with sleeping problems are not a good combination.
QFT x2

I've probably had it since college. Just about every roommate, girlfriend, wife and child of mine have complained about my snoring I just chalked it up to, "Well, I snore, wtf...?!" Runs in my family--my dad, brother, even my mom are big snorers. Plus, I don't fit the typical body profile or exhibited other symptoms that guys with sleep apnea usually have.

It wasn't until I took seriously the concerns of my current wife, who is a light sleeper, that I decided to get checked. She said she has to shove me a few times each night to "jump start" my breathing. Now I have a sleep study scheduled for May 14th and we'll see what the clinical data shows, although I am already anticipating the outcome: cpap for me.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote