View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #69
TheGiver
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
TheGiver has disabled reputation
Default Re: Plume or Bloom vs. Mold

Well I must admit, this is the most interesting way I have ever entered a new forum. I appreciate everyone's input. I also understand this is a 'msg board' and being new here the immediate reaction is to cry "idiot, you've got mold". I would never enter a forum posting an extremely moldy cigar calling it plume. I do respect the accuracy of information within the board.

RevSmoke, I appreciate your words and I think your assessment seems the most accurate.

Couple of interesting points...
  • The humidor contains approx 20K cigars, and only a handful have this substance in/on the cello. No pattern of cigar location within the walk-in or cigar type. No outbreak of mold. Certain aged cigars all feel the same, dirty/dusty/sticky and very yellow cello.
  • All these cigars are vintage at 9+yrs
  • Nobody can answer why/how IF it was mold, how it can grow on both sides of the cello and not be on the cigar.
  • All cigars come out of the cello 100% perfect. Light plume dusting on each one.
  • The cigars are flawless and taste amazing. Everything you'd expect from a well kept and aged cigar.
TheGiver is offline   Reply With Quote