View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #70
Mustang1
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Mustang1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

OK fellas, I'm gonna stick my head up finally after reading this thread here and on the other board. I never really lifted before. I was more of a push-up, sit-up kind of guy.

Well I'm trying to come off of a long sedentary period of about seven years. I drank alot of beer and ate alot of food. I was about 180 Lbs, for my height that is damn fat, bordering on obese. So for the past 2 almost 3 months I've been monitering my diet and doing some light upperbody weights. I dropped down to about 145 Lbs.

When is a good time to start bulking up? I heard from some website that you should get down to below 10% body fat before you start consuming more calories to start putting on more lean muscle. I still have some belly fat, should I lose as much of the gut as possible before?

Also, is the whole 1g of protein per pound of lean muscle mass formula effective?

And Zemekone, you are the pull-up king. I am up to three with good form and happy. Sure I can do five but after the third, it gets dodgey quick.