View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough
Default Need Input - Pipe Station....???

Hello all ya'all pipe folks....

I mostly hang out in the cigar forums, specifically the retailer section as I build custom humidors....

I have been nudged more than a couple times to build a pipe rack or two... but, I need to say that I have never smoked a pipe nor do I know what would be desired in such a rack. I have seen several versions on the internet, all of which seem to be quite doable.... but, I would like to take it just a little above and beyond what I have seen...

My initial thoughts are to rework this flag display case that I designed and convert it in to a "pipe station".... Obviously, the display portion would be modified to contain and display pipes.... However, the bottom portion would be re-designed to be a humidor.... In that there would be a place to store your blends... perhaps make 10 or 12 compartments in there with spanish cedar dividers.... and have it open towards the front with a space to put any of the tools that you may use on the inside of the lid....

Anyways - any type of input would be greatly appreciated.... and I will dust off the design book and see what WE can come up with.....