Thread: CC's or NC's?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #72
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
It bugs me that some people in this topic talk about nc's all being full bodied. That is not the case, there are shitloads of mild and medium nc's too
I think it's because to CC smokers, the vast majority of NC mild and medium smokes simply don't hold a candle to CCs in terms of complexity and range of flavors. There is NO NC that comes anywhere near the delicate but complex taste and smoking experiece of say, a La Gloria Cubana Medaille D' Or No. 1 or 3. Maybe the OR El Triumphador Lancero comes close in terms of quality of flavors and that light sweetness, but IMO, it is still far from as complex as the any of the best CC lanceros. The only NC cigars that offer me something unique and satifying that I can't find done better and with more complexity and range of flavor somewhere in the Habanos portfolio are the big, peppery Nic flavor bombs like the LE Tats, Pepin line and the Padron Anniversary series. I've had some VR farm rolls that come close to these in flavor and body, but still weren't quite as in your face and chewy. If I feel like a Padron then I feel like a Padron, but if I want something light, then NCs are dead to me.
This is my personal experience, so please don't think I'm saying you're wrong. You're an experienced smoker and I'm sure there are some mild and medium NCs that you love, and for good reason. If you list a couple I might even check them out. I'm simply explaining the thought process behind my (and presumably the other CC smokers) bias, and why we act like there is nothing in the NC world in terms of mild/medium smokes. It's because to many of us, the only NCs worth smoking are the full bodied ones.